Appropriate bodies (ABs) play an important role in the statutory induction of new teachers by providing independent quality assurance, ensuring that schools provide adequate support for their Early Career Teachers (ECTs), and that their assessment is fair and consistent.
East Manchester Teaching School Hub provides AB services for all schools across the region. The alignment of both our AB service and the Full Induction Programme for ECF delivery is an advantage of partnering with us to support your ECTs.
Our service includes:
- Support for all ECT Induction Tutors, including bespoke support for those new in post including annual induction tutor networking and training
- Monitoring the progress of ECTs throughout induction with regular communication to induction tutors to support completion off induction
- Supporting ECTs who are not making satisfactory progress
- Quality assurance of assessment forms, against the Teacher Standards
- School visits as appropriate to support and quality assure the provision across the region
- Decisions around the reduction or extension of induction and outcomes
- A dedicated point of contact within the Teaching School Hub for all AB and ECT needs
- Easy to access, online, assessment documentation
- Fidelity checks for schools which do not choose the Full Induction Programme approach to the ECF
Key dates & year planner
Cost of AB services
Cost per Early Career Teacher over 2 years: £360 (£60 per term).
Register your ECT here.